Monday, August 25, 2008

Well...it is official. I am home alone. John and I just dropped off our three kids at school. This is the first time to have all three in school. I have waited along time for this day. I had hoped it would give me time to do all the things that I have put off for the last 10 years. Chandler and Mary both were very nervous. I'm not sure when school began being dreaded by either of them. They used to be so excited to be in school. I think the opposite sex has begun to interfere with their happiness. All they think about is does that person like me? Does this outfit make me look stupid? That bothers me. That should not happen until high school. Right? Anyway, I still have Wesley that is not corrupted by young adolescent games. He went to his classroom this morning like a pro. A sad little pro but a pro none the less. He walked right in and went straight to his desk, sat down, crossed his arms, and sulked a little. I think he was very nervous as well. Not for the same reasons as the other two kids but just because it was such a big day for him. I mean he has to meet new kids, get used to a new teacher, learn new rules, and ride the bus home. That is a lot to adjust too. I have to say, I am a little sad also. This is the beginning of a whole new way of life for me. As I said before, I hope I can do somethings I have not done in quite sometime or even just start some new things. It has been ten years since I had Chandler and the years have been great from that moment but I put a lot of things aside while my kids were at home. I want to be able to paint more. I have a painting I have been working on since a year ago. I want to write a lot more. It helps calm me down. I hope to get closer to God. I want to have time to have quiet times with His word. I hope to play golf more and get better at it. I would like to be able to actually play at a level that keeps me competitive with John. I hope to keep my house clean on a consistent basis. I would love to read more. I have tons of books I have bought over the years and never seemed to be able to get them started. I hope to get healthier. Ten years is along time not to have exercised. I want to take control back over my weight and be more energetic. I want to be a more well rounded, happy go lucky, fun, peaceful person. Do not get me wrong, I think for the most part I am all of those things and have always been but I just want to be more so. My kids have been in school for an hour now and I can't stop thinking about them. I know they are in God's hands. Pray for my sanity to make it through the first day of quiet at home. (As I wrote that the dogs started barking - I guess total quiet is not possible so thanks God for my barking dogs to keep me company.) Jenn

2 comments:

Lilypad Mom said...

Hey hey! What - no entries since August? haha! Ok, soooo you have 2 more kiddos than me. Big deal. (just kidding!) I saw your "website" on FB so I had to visit!

sol92258 said...

So, what's new in the land of Tolberts lately?
Ya'll get enough icy weather yesterday?7