Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Okay so I need to catch up. We have been very busy. I hope everyone had a Happy Fourth. We went to Houston to visit family. I think the kids had the most fun. They literally swam everyday, all day. It was fun just to get away and not have anything to worry about. I do have to say that God is so amazingly good. We did not have any trouble with the drive there or back but once home we had major problems with the van. I mean as soon as we pulled in the driveway the tire went completely flat. When John took the tire off to see if we got a nail or something in it, we discovered the tire was bald and had a hole in it. John took it to Goodyear the next morning to get a new one. They checked the other back tire and that one too was wearing bald and could blow at anytime. This was happening because, this is where I use my technical terms, the rod thingy was bent causing the tires to wear wrong. They said if the rod thingy had broke we would have been in a serious accident causing the van to go one way and the wheels to go another. So, needless to say, John and I started thanking God for His protection and mercies. We had made a four and a half hour trip on messed up tires and as soon as we get in the driveway it was brought to our attention. You can't tell me God was not in that. Well because of the repairs to the van being more than the van was worth itself, we declined to fix the van. We instead got a new vehicle (which we were going to do within the next month or so anyway). So we got a Suburban. It is about the only thing big enough for our family, especially on long trips. Our trip to Houston had been a pretty tight fit, so this is much nicer. I asked the sells guy if we were the only crazy people buying a suburban right now with gas prices so high. He actually said they could not keep them on site. He said people were buying them left and right. Ours had literally just came off the truck and had not even been processed yet when we bought it. I did not think I could drive such a huge thing but I am getting used to it. Parking still is giving me trouble but I hope I will get better with time. Anyway, John said, "Who new you had to get a whole new car just because you had a flat tire." God is still good because this little story could have ended much more tragic. My mom, my kids, my husband, and myself are all well and safe.

No comments: